Friday, April 9, 2010
4 Minutes A Day Will Help To Keep Decay Away
Proper tooth brushing in the morning and at night will help protect your teeth and gums from decay and disease. Here are simple instructions for brushing your teeth daily, once when you awaken and once before bed(2 minutes each time).
Now Let's Brush...
1. Apply a thin strip of toothpaste on your premoistened toothbrush.
2. Start your brushing with the upper molars (back teeth)and focus on the front surface of the tooth. Brush in a clockwise direction giving each tooth attention. Hold the toothbrush parallel to your teeth so they are resting slightly below the gumline. Apply gentle pressure to the bristles, so they are slightly bent. Gently move the brush in a circular motion for approximately 20 brush strokes, or roughly 10seconds.
3. Once all your brush strokes are complete, roll the bristles away from the gum tissue in a gentle sweeping motion.
4. Continue the above steps until the front of all your upper and lower teeth have been fully brushed.
5. To clean the inside surfaces, repeat steps 2 to 4 for the upper and lower premolars and molars. Then to clean the inside of your front teeth take the tip of the toothbrush, and in a flicking motion, direct the toothbrush from the gumline toward the end of the tooth. Repeat 2 to 3 times.
6. Gently brush your tongue and the inside of your cheeks.
7. Finish by rinsing with water or mouthwash.
Contact Us Today To Learn Even More...
Kurz Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
P: 770-904-6088 E: Smiles@KurzFamilyDentistry.com
Visit Us Online At www.KurzFamilyDentistry.com