Thursday, November 15, 2012
Toothbrush Tips | The Dacula Dentist
Here are some tips to keep in mind when choosing a toothbrush:
• Choose a toothbrush that is on the softer side of the spectrum unless recommended otherwise by your dentist.
• Select the size of the brush and head based on the size of your hands and mouth.
• If you tend to not brush as long or as thoroughly as you should, you may want to consider an electronic toothbrush .
• Make sure your toothbrush is ADA approved.
The tips below will help guide your daily brushing (which is most important of all):
• You should regularly brush your teeth at least twice a day, in the morning and at night.
• Make sure not to brush your teeth too roughly to assure your gums don’t get damaged. When brushing use a gentle motion.
• Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste to avoid severe tooth decay.
• Brush your tongue for a minimal time of 30 seconds to fight off spreading germs that can cause bad breath.
If you need further assistance more information on selecting a toothbrush or brushing your teeth, contact us. We pride ourselves on our patient’s dental health and education. One single toothbrush by itself; can’t support the multiple needs to keep a healthy a mouth so we encourage you to floss daily and to see a dentist regularly.
The Best Dacula Dentist... Contact Us Today To Learn Even More
Kurz Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
Visit Us Online At www.KurzFamilyDentistry.com